Go Play with Your Food!!!


 Who doesn't love playing with their food? Not me. Not many of the talented cookiers I know. We all collaborated on a group project we like to call, "Play with your Food."


Angela over at Oh Sugar, Events! put together this amazing project. Isn't it wonderful?!! She is wonderful! If you haven't yet, please please please hop on over to her blog to check out this creative project and mainly her naked operation guy. You won't be disappointed!

The point of the project was #1 to have fun, #2 choose a game, activity, toy etc that you can *play* with. This was my submission.  A mix and match flip book. It took alot more planning than I thought. But overall was sure was fun to do.





  I first sketched out the characters on paper, used my KopyKake to transfer those images onto the cookie. I then painted the cookies with food coloring.

Why did I do it that way you ask? Instead of the awesome coloring book method that Montreal Confections posted? Well, if I piped a line onto the dry white icing, there would be a bump and the book would be even thicker than it is! Also if I did the coloring book method, I didn't think I could get a nice "thick and thin" and "sketchy" line, that I like in my drawings. So I used edible marker. Note to self: edible marker is not truly permanent on cookies. However,  it is on children's hands.



I then used food coloring the same way you would watercolors. *Check out Arty McGoo's submission for real painting on cookies!!!


Now head on over to all the other's sites and take a gander at their fabulous works of art!

                                  Paper Dolls - Arty McGoo
Word Search and Cross Word - Palestine Painted Cookie
Cards and Poker Chips - Mt. Lookout Sweets

Scrabble - Flour Box Bakery
Candy Land - Life's A Batch
Pin The Tail On The Donkey - Sweet Tweets

Twister - Jill FCS
Dominoes - Sweet Dough
Wooly Willy - Oh, Sugar! Events

Words With Friends - The Cookie Countess
Miss Pac-Man - Flour-de-Lis
Hungry Hungry Hippos - Cupookie
Marble Maze - Oh, Sugar! Events

Fisher-Price Classics - SugarBelle
Horseshoes, Jacks, Marbles, Pick Up Sticks - Sweet Hope Cookies